For those organizations in our sector with employees, below are some key pieces of information as well as resources to support your staff.
Click here to view all of the Provincial & Federal Government Support Measures introduced to support Nonprofit & Voluntary Organizations through the COVID-19 crisis. We have outlined what is available and how to access these supports.
As you know non-medical masks are now mandatory on public transportation and in indoor public places effective today, July 31. You will want to continue to check the government’s website where they are adding more information and resources. Click here to find resources to support this change.
Now is the time to build your organization’s continuity plan in the event that COVID-19 lasts for months or more and because it is a best practice to have an organizational contingency plan in place.
What are your options? Executive Directors and CEOs of Nonprofits and their Boards are beginning to explore options for their annual general meetings given the Direction of the Minister Under a Declared State of Emergency.
In the times of COVID-19 in addition to assessing the impact of our programs and services it also makes sense to assess the impact that COVID-19 has also had on our financial and service outcomes.
COVID-19 Pandemic Tip Sheets - Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)
COVID-19 Fact Sheet for Employers & Community Groups - Nova Scotia Government
COVID-19 - Worker's Compensation Board of Nova Scotia (WCB)
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) offers a free Liaison Officer service to owners of small businesses and self-employed individuals to help them understand their tax obligations with no tax consequences. A visit from a Liaison Officer is 100% confidential: the information you choose to discuss with a Liaison Officer stays with them and will not be shared. - Learn More
- COVID-19 Business Risk Assessment - Yarmouth Chamber of Commerce
- Showing up: Your Role as a Board Member During a Pandemic - Laura Zumdahl via LinkedIn
- Minister of Business Direction EMA-AGM
- Worker Emergency Bridge Fund
- 9 Questions to Guide Not-for-profit Boards in a Crisis - Capacity Canada
- COVID-19: Your rights at work - Public Service Alliance of Canada
- Coronavirus Employer Guide - Osler: Canadian Business Law
- COVID-19 Workplace Fact Sheets (Multiple Blog Posts) - Pink Larkin Lawyers
- COVID-19 in the Workplace - Rodney Employment Law
- COVID-19 Legal Resources - WeirFoulds LLP