Updates the Government of Canada Federal Supports Previously Announced:
Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
The Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS), originally scheduled to expire on June 6, will be extended. More details will be provided this week. We will share this information once available.
The Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
The Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) is now in its second month. The CERB is not automatically rolled over: those who applied in April must reapply for the month of May. You can reapply through either Service Canada or Canada Revenue Agency. More information here.
COVID-19 Emergency Support Fund for Cultural, Heritage and Sport Organizations
New information concerning this fund, originally announced in April, was provided on May 8.
The COVID-19 Emergency Support Fund for Cultural, Heritage and Sport Organizations will provide additional temporary relief to support cultural, heritage and sport organizations and help them plan for the future. The Fund will help maintain jobs and support business continuity for organizations whose viability has been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Fund will be administered by Canadian Heritage and divided among select departmental programs and Portfolio agencies as well as key delivery organizations, specifically:
Up to $326.8 million to be distributed by Canadian Heritage, of which:
- $198.3 million will be provided to the beneficiaries of arts and culture funding through existing programs as well as other organizations with demonstrated needs;
- $72 million will be provided to the sport sector;
- $53 million will be provided to the heritage sector through the emergency component of the Museums Assistance Program; and,
- $3.5 million will be provided for COVID-related projects under the Digital Citizen Initiative.
- $55 million to be distributed by the Canada Council for the Arts to help arts organizations that support artists.
- $115.8 million to support the Canadian audiovisual sector, to be distributed by the Canada Media Fund ($88.8 million) and Telefilm Canada ($27 million).
The use of the remaining funds will be assessed based on needs.
More information is available on the Heritage Canada website.
CSCNS is tracking all the Provincial Support Measures on our website - we've also included the link to Imagine Canada's Federal Support tracking table!
These tables summarize legislative and policy measures introduced by the Provincial & Federal Governments to provide support directly benefiting Nonprofit & Voluntary Organizations during COVID-19.