- This event has passed.
Brainstorming Future Careers in the Nonprofit Sector
August 27, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Invitation to Participate in a Brainstorming Session on Future Careers in the Nonprofit Sector
Patricia Bradshaw, Chair of the Board of the Community Sector Council of Nova Scotia and Paula MacKay, the Career Pathways Coordinator invite you to a brainstorming session to explore the emerging needs of nonprofit organizations across all regions for skilled new graduates to work in your organizations.
We would love to hear from EDs, HR manager, communications specialists and others about how you would respond to these questions:
- What are the employment gaps in your nonprofit where you need new college and university graduates? What skills and competencies are you looking for and what current and future positions do you see being the most critical for you to fill?
- What are the “selling features” of a career in the non-profit sector that you would want new grads or youth to consider when making their career decisions.?
- Can you identify a younger employee in your organization we might profile in future promotional materials to help other new graduates better understand the possibilities for employment in the sector? Can you provide an introduction to someone you feel could provide a testimonial about the value and benefit of working in the nonprofit sector?
- How can the CSCNS support you in recruitment of talented new graduates? We are open to brainstorming everything from attending career fairs to promote careers in the sector, developing materials about the sector, sharing tips on how to recruit students to helping raise salaries and getting pension and benefit plans for nonprofits that do not have them.
We will be hosting discussions on the following days and would love to have you join us!
- August 20th 1:00 to 2:00 p.m.
- August 24th 1:00 to 2:00 p.m.
- August 27th 10:00 to 11:00 a.m.