Handbooks & Worksheets
On this page you will find a number of handbooks, worksheets, and resources which we share as part of our Core Competencies Learning Series. Whether you are able to join these sessions live or if you're simply looking for additional information and support in a particular topic, we wanted to make these resources available to our Sector so that you could learn at your own pace.
Self-Directed Learning Resources
Some Strategic Planning Resources
Some Board Governance Resources
- Governing Good – The most comprehensive web resource for nonprofit good governance
- Board self-evaluation designed in part by Grant MacDonald (Governing Good)
- Some introductory concepts in nonprofit board governance
- An introduction to some board governance best practices
- Some examples of board structures (see the CSCNS Good Governance Workbook above for a more complete set of examples)
Quick video introducing Strategic Thinking as opposed to strategic planning.
Short video exploring the processes of strategic planning.