It is with mixed emotion that we announce that Jessica Farrell, our Cape Breton Convenor, will be leaving the CSCNS at the end of June. Jessica has accepted a position with Dalhousie University. Her great attitude, professional, and insight will be missed by the CSC team. We wish her all the very best in her new role!
The Community Sector Council Nova Scotia is growing (again)!
Career Opportunity: Cape Breton Region Convenor
The Community Sector Council of Nova Scotia is located on the unceded and ancestral homelands of the Mi’kmaq people. The Community Sector Council works with a diversity of organizations and communities across Nova Scotia. The Community Sector Council’s priority is to expand the diversity of perspectives and skills of its team.
The Community Sector Council of Nova Scotia is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from equity seeking groups such as racialized/visible minorities, Indigenous/Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, persons who identify in the LGBTQ+ community and others who reflect the diversity of our Nova Scotia communities. Applicants are invited to self-identify in the application process.
The Community Sector Council of Nova Scotia was created in January 2013 to bring together non-profit and voluntary organizations to enhance their collective and collaborative capacities to address labour force and human resources challenges within their organizations. The CSCNS
works to facilitate the sector’s capacity to work collaboratively to find innovative solutions to emerging and existing social and economic issues in Nova Scotia. The Community Sector Council’s work is grounded in communities across the province to ensure local ownership and engagement.
Regional Convenor Job Duties:
· Support the capacity of CSCNS for regional and community outreach;
· Assess regional needs, disseminate information, and build ongoing relationships;
· Organize and implement programming;
· Deliver training when assigned; and
· Serve as a conduit between CSCNS and the relevant region;
· Contribute to ongoing development and growth of the organization;
· Brings a diverse perspective to the CSCNS team;
· Maintain and organize relevant files; and
· Participate in team communication as needed.
· Experience working in the non-profit sector in Nova Scotia;
· Strong knowledge of and a demonstrable connection to a network of non-profit organizations in your region;
· Experience and applied knowledge of facilitation;
· Applied knowledge of community development and outreach strategies;
· Ability to effectively build relationships and interact with clients and other stakeholders;
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, applicable in a variety of settings;
· Exceptional interpersonal, time management, problem-solving, and
· organizational skills;
· Able to work independently;
· Experience working with diversity of staff and stakeholders, demonstrating cultural competency, diversity, and social inclusion;
· Able to contribute as a member of a team both regionally and on a provincial level;
· Flexibility and adaptability to work in an unstructured environment;
· Must have valid driver’s license and access to reliable vehicle and live in Cape Breton.
This is a permanent part-time position with flexible hours that might vary from week to week, for a total of 75 hours/month (approximately 10 days per month) with a compensation range of $19.00 - $22.50 / hour based on experience. The CSCNS recognizes all statutory and non-statutory holidays as well as accommodates the diversity of cultural holidays (negotiated upon hiring) for employees. Some evenings and weekends may be required. Travel within the region is required, and approved travel expenses will be reimbursed. This position reports directly to the Director, Strategic Development and Innovation.
Monday, June 25, 2018
How to apply
Please apply electronically with cover letter and resume in one PDF document with your name in the included as part of the saved filename to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm on June 15, 2018. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.