The Federal Government of Canada just released a new Poverty Reduction Strategy on August 21st.
This is the first comprehensive strategy that the government has developed in an effort to reduce poverty and covers topics like:
- Canada Child Benefit;
- Guaranteed Income Supplement;
- National Housing Strategy;
- Public Transit Infrastructure;
- Early Learning and Child Care;
- Labour Market Transfer Agreements;
- Indigenous Skills and Employment Training Program;
- Canada Workers Benefits; and
- Mental Health Initiatives.