EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR NETWORK
ED Network provides a forum (currently in a virtual format) for executive directors to discuss issues relevant to their work in a confidential format. The CSCNS will provide the place and facilitator. Executive Directors bring their energy, ideas and experience.
ED Network provides the most senior staff leader in the organization with the opportunities to:
- Connect with peers and learn from each other;
- Advocate for change;
- Engage in learning & professional development;
- Strengthen our knowledge of existing programs & services;
- Reduce professional isolation & duplication; and
- Identify potential opportunities & partners across the whole scope of the sector.
To expand the range of services provided to the ED Network, we will offer:
- Learning & professional development opportunities delivered by subject matter experts in a workshop format;
- Quarterly meetings to address sector-wide issues; and
- More frequent – but less formal – meet & mingle gatherings.
Leadership Labs are for individuals currently working in the community sector. This Labs also supports individuals who want to become volunteer leaders in some aspect of the community sector (ie. board member, board chair, mentor, etc.). If you want to advance your career, are a leader or wish to become a leader in the community sector, this is your Network.
There are emerging leadership gaps that come with changes in the community sector and retirement of current leaders. Members will network with peers in the sector and learn about the community sector, management and leadership – whatever leadership looks like to our members.
The Leadership Labs provide volunteers, staff and board members, at all levels of experience, with the opportunities to:
- Meet and have the opportunity to build relationships with like-minded young leaders in a community where supporting one another professionally is the main focus.
- Join a growing community of emergent leaders with a desire to connect, learn, collaborate and create a remarkable future for themselves and the generations to come.
- Participate in special interactive workshops with local facilitators.